Three Star Diver Training Programme
This training programme aims at introducing the fundamentals of dive leadership to experienced Certified CMAS Two Star Divers, which will enable them to plan, organise and conduct their dives and lead other sport divers in open water, to a maximum depth of fifty six (56) meters in a safe and competent manner.
What You Will Learn
A CMAS Three Star Diver shall be trained such that, when assessed by a CMAS Instructor, he shall be deemed to have a professional level knowledge of diving theory, solid rescue skills, dive management and supervision abilities, exemplary diving skills and sufficient diving experience to plan, organise and conduct open water diving activities and lead other recreational sport divers in open water on both guided and organised dives in a safe and competent manner.
In order to gain access to the CMAS Three Star Diver Training Programme, the participant shall:
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age; there is no upper limit.
- Hold the following CMAS Diver Training or equivalent certifications.
- CMAS Two Star Diver Training Programme or equivalent.
- CMAS Oxygen Administration Training Programme or equivalent (where not prohibited by legislation).
- CMAS Rescue Diver Training Programme or equivalent.
- Submit proof of at least fifty (50) logged open water dives that shall include night dives, limited visibility dives, deeper dives (between thirty (30) to forty (40) meters), drift dives, dives in colder water and navigation dives.
- Effectively demonstrate basic waterman-ship ability by performing, to a CMAS Instructor, the prescribed physical conditioning and waterman-ship evaluation of the CMAS Federation.
- Complete the medical history/statement form required by the CMAS Federation prior to participating in any in-water activities.
- Sign the appropriate form(s) as required by the CMAS Federation acknowledging and assuming the risks of SCUBA diving prior to participating in any in-water activities.