Buoyancy is maybe the best and far the most useful skill a diver can master. All SCUBA divers want to be able to be neutrally buoyant – not sink nor float. Easier and more efficient swimming underwater, less air consumption and higher level of relaxation while diving are few of the reasons everyone must master buoyancy.
What You Will Learn
- Proper weighting and weight distribution techniques.
- Trim your SCUBA gear to have more balance underwater.
- Fine tuning of your buoyancy skills.
- Different hovering positions.
How long does the course take?
The PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty is a two dives course where you can practice and fine-tune your skills.
- Min age 10 years.
- PADI Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another organization).
Suggested material: Peak Performance Specialty Manual.
After the PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty you can think of learning your gear in depth by taking the PADI Equipment Specialist Course.